Monday, June 1, 2015

Church #9 - Providence College Priory Chapel


This is the building where the Dominicans live and have their daily Masses. It's very cool attending Mass with a bunch of priests in the congregation, and watching them listen and pray really puts you on your A game.


Whenever I'm in here, the cross always stands out very vividly to me. There's something about the lighting and decoration that really focuses your attention on it.

The closest thing to a balcony - seats for any priests who can't get down to the first floor. Next time I'm here I should see if I can go up there.

I'm at the Priory about once a month because it's where I meet with my spiritual director. Occasionally I'll find a Dominican sitting and praying quietly in the church, a cool and inspiring little insight into their daily lives.

The Dominicans' special seating section in the front of the church
The entryway

No comments:

Post a Comment