Sunday, June 21, 2015

Church #21 - All Saints, Woonsocket



I went to Mass here on an absolutely beautiful afternoon last week. Right before the Mass started, the church's bells rang out the noon hour. The ringing of church bells is one of my favorite sounds, and the effect was incredible when combined with the beauty and peace of the church.



The church has a fairly standard layout, with a huge altar area. It has a lot of beautiful stained glass windows.



One thing I really enjoyed seeing was a children's bulletin, to keep little kids occupied during Sunday Mass. I hadn't seen that before, and it's an excellent idea.




This was an amazing Mass because I happened to come here on a day that a friend of mine's mother passed away. This was her home parish, and I had no clue about any of this until the priest announced it at the start of Mass. There is no way it was a coincidence that I happened to come here on that particular day. I took my cue to pray like heck for both of them and offer the Mass for them.

Balcony


Another first - an elevator inside the sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment