Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Church #13 - St. Patrick, Providence (featuring Linebacker Jesus)


St. Patrick is definitely one of the coolest parishes in the diocese. It's located pretty much right next to the State House in Providence. It's mostly Hispanic. It's extremely vibrant and spiritually dynamic. It has an amazing pastor, and a very small high school that was a K-8 school up until recently. It's the smallest church I've seen in the state so far, and it used to be an Elementary school gym.


The star of the show in the church is the crucifix, which is enormous, fearsome, and features by far the most muscular Jesus I've ever seen.


The parish has awesome music. I went to a wedding that was played by its music ministers, and they did an amazing job.


Given the size of the parish, I have no idea how people pack into the church for Mass on the weekends. I've never been to Sunday Mass here before, but I definitely want to at some point just to see what it's like.


Lastly, the parish has a small trailer outside with a 24-hour adoration chapel, which is fantastic. I've been there many times, and I love knowing it's nearby.

I wish every tabernacle had a message like this above it.

No comments:

Post a Comment