Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Church #12 - St. Timothy, Warwick (featuring St. John Vianney as the Joker)


I went to Mass here on the morning of Memorial Day. Mass was preceded by a rosary.


This church looks almost exactly like St. Jude in Lincoln, on both the outside and the inside. While it's not ugly or anything, I definitely like older churches better.


The parish seems very solid. I know it's been trying to go out and evangelize the neighborhood around it, which is a very cool new development in the life of the church. It also seems to have many other active ministries besides this.




The best sign for the health of the parish is that it has its own adoration chapel. I'm not sure if it's open 24/7, or only at certain times.

Very cool baptismal font in the floor. I'm assuming it gets filled with water at certain times.
The adoration chapel.
On a closing note, I would definitely recommend looking up St. Timothy. He was an important figure in the earliest days of the church, but someone that I knew almost nothing about until I came here.
I'm sorry, St. John Vianney, but this is an incredibly creepy statue of you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Ste. Jean Vianney would have looked creepy in person, seeing as how he fasted constantly, got only about two hours sleep a night IF he was lucky. BTW, the floor of the font symbolizes growing down into the grave and rising to new life. It is never filled with water.

    ReplyDelete