Saturday, September 5, 2015

Church #71 - Our Lady of Good Help, Burrillville




I came here for daily Mass a couple of weeks ago, on the feast of St. Monica. This is a nice, old school church in the mazelike village of Mapleville in Burrillville. I'm pretty surprised that I made it without getting lost or taking a wrong turn.




The interior's red carpet gives it a great look, and there are a few wonderful (and I'm guessing original) paintings. The parish is shared with the church at St. Theresa's shrine. The Mass was unusually diverse - older people, young adults, kids, a couple of nuns, and even a baby. The priest was excellent and fairly young. I got to get into the balcony for the first time in a while.



These ropes go up into the ceiling. I really, really wanted to see what would happen if I pulled one.

No comments:

Post a Comment