Thursday, September 3, 2015

Church #68 - Our Lady of Victory, Hopkinton



This church is way down south in Hopkinton, off exit 1. Unfortunately, I'll partly remember it for the fact that I drove all the way here one morning, only to find that the priest was on vacation. This is why I always have to call ahead. This is a joint parish, shared with St. Vincent de Paul in Westerly (though of course their addresses are listed as Ashaway and Bradford, respectively). I totally forgot to take a picture of the church's outside.


The interior of the church is small and simple. The size gives it an intimacy - the altar area is very close to the congregation, so I felt up close and personal with the priest in a way that I'm not used to. Even within the altar area, everything is very close to everything else, so the priest barely has to walk around during the Mass.


There's a St. Joseph statue in the church that really stood out to me - as I might have mentioned before, St. Joseph has been popping up everywhere in my life recently, so I definitely need to start praying to him more. The congregation finished the Mass with the St. Michael the Archangel prayer, and there was a rosary after Mass that I didn't have time to stay for.


No comments:

Post a Comment