Friday, September 4, 2015

Church #70 - St. Raymond, Providence



This church is on North Main St. in Providence. I walked here on a relatively cool morning last week, something I haven't been able to do in a while thanks to the summer weather. It was St. Augustine's feast day, the day after his mom's. The parish has an active food pantry which I stumbled on in the basement; they were already starting to serve people as I left after Mass. The parish also has something called a "Leisure Group", which sounds kind of awesome.



The inside of the church is clean and bright. It looks like the balcony isn't used for anything anymore, as the music stuff is off to one side of the pews. There was a rosary before the Mass. The priest walked out into the congregation for his homily, something I haven't seen in a long time, and gave a very engaging homily. He's clearly very knowledgeable of and invested in the lives of his parishioners. I learned about a great new prayer, the prayer of St. Thomas Aquinas, when everyone recited it after Communion (https://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/AQUINAS.htm).



No comments:

Post a Comment