Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Church #118 - St. Paul the Apostle, Foster



I drove here this morning for a 9am Mass. It feels like you're driving to the end of the Earth, but it's a beautiful part of the state. I wonder how far away some of the parishioners live? The sanctuary area is very simple and utilitarian, and has chairs instead of pews. This doesn't bother me at all, since I'm sure the parish community is doing the best it can, and it works for them.




With such a small church, I would've figured this is where Mass would be, and I initially thought I might have the day or time wrong. Fortunately I could hear the priest, and I found it in a little sacristy room at the back of the main church. The priest was very warm and welcoming after the Mass.

The daily Mass room


No comments:

Post a Comment