Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Church #117 - Sts. John and James, West Warwick




This was my last West Warwick church. I visited and took these pictures on Saturday during my pilgrimage walk, and I was blown away by the beautiful interior of the church. I met a very nice couple, possibly the music ministers, who let me up into the choir loft. They told me that the church was originally built to be a Cathedral, back when Providence was possibly going to split into multiple Dioceses. I'm not sure whether this story connects to the "St. John the Baptist in Pawtucket was built as a Cathedral" story.





I came back yesterday for the 7:30am Mass. I almost went home, but the last door I tried turned out to be an unlocked way in. The daily Mass is in a little side room off of the altar area.




No comments:

Post a Comment