Friday, July 22, 2016

Church #150 - Christ the King, South Kingstown



Finished! I'll have a final wrapup post coming later today or early tomorrow. I'm about to leave for World Youth Day, so please say a prayer for me and my fellow pilgrims from the Diocese. Before anyone asks, no, there isn't any particular reason why I picked this particular church to be my final one. Part of it is that it has a noon daily Mass, so I kept saving it as a backup plan in case I showed up somewhere in the morning to find the church closed.



This is a very active parish, which includes hosting the URI Catholic Center. The Mass was said by Fr. Upton, the chaplain of the URI community, and he was an excellent homilist. The interior of the church is fairly simple, with massive windows that give it lots of natural light. I forgot to look for the exact location of the tabernacle, but it's way off to the side of the altar somewhere.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, 150 Churches! We love to look at different churches and most of the older ones seem to have so much character. I think I am a little jealous of your adventure. What now? 150 churches in a neighboring state? Speaking from a historical viewpoint, which one was your favorite?

    Carson Coronado @ Old St Marys Detroit

    ReplyDelete