Monday, July 4, 2016

Church #136 - St. Thomas More, Narragansett



This is a vibrant, noticeably well off parish. I've heard great things about its pastor, who I'll hopefully see at the 8pm Last Call Mass next week. That Mass is at the parish's St. Veronica Chapel, which I've decided to count as one of my official 150.




I visited the parish's main church for Mass on Saturday morning. It's on the small side, with very colorful stained glass and stations of the cross. Unfortunately, you can't really see the windows very well in the pictures I took. They ring the church's bell during the consecration. I can't be sure, but it sounded to me like an actual, authentic bell, and not something played from a speaker. I noticed that an unusually high number of parishioners took communion on the tongue, and a whole bunch stayed after for a little extra prayer.




1 comment:

  1. I have attended Sunday 10th mass via Internet (as I have followed that one, on the day of Stephanie Svagan's funeral) and it was really nice. I am somehow connected with this Parish of St. Thomas More because may relatives ( Irene S. Azzinaro and Lucy Svagan Giuliano)live in this parish and my father's aunt Stephanie Svagan has found her "last home" on the Cemetery nearby. I remember her on 18th November which is her death day, with great thankfulness for her example of brave, good and faithful woman.
    I wish all parish community to grow in the S
    pirit of unity and wealth which God, our Father, generously gives us if only we are/ we try to be His children.

    ReplyDelete