Monday, July 4, 2016

Church #135 - Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pawtucket



This is a small Cape Verdean church, about a block down the street from St. Joseph in Central Falls.  The parish has daily Mass in Portuguese in the rectory. I got lost while trying to walk to this Mass, for what is hopefully the last time on this pilgrimage, thanks to an unmarked one-way street I was supposed to turn onto.



These are old photos from April, when I was able to get inside the main church in between Masses. While I asked permission from a lady who seemed to be somewhat in charge, I hope my presence wasn't too annoying for the people there as I tried to take pictures, a constant fear of mine in the process of making this blog. The inside of the church is very small, with a wraparound balcony and a couple of TV screens in the front.



No comments:

Post a Comment