Sunday, June 19, 2016

Church #130 - St. Mary, Pawtucket





This is definitely one of my favorite churches in Pawtucket. It shares a parish with the nearby St. Edward, and only has weekend Masses. The Saturday Vigil Mass is in the lower church, so I had to come back again to get pictures of everything, but I'm very glad I didn't miss seeing both parts. I love crypt churches, and I had no idea it was there.

The lower church




The upper church is very nice as well, with a high ceiling and white walls. I've visited it a couple of times previously on walks, and I like it even better when the lights aren't on. The pews are old school, with hat hooks and dividers splitting them in half. The rose window in the balcony is gigantic, and the best one I've seen in a while.





No comments:

Post a Comment