Monday, May 23, 2016

Church #126 - Sts. Rose and Clement, Warwick




This is a great parish by all appearances, and I'd be more than happy to call it home if I lived in the Warwick area. There were a lot of people at the 7am weekday Mass I went to - a good mix of retirees and people on their way to work, and even a couple of kids. I was very impressed with the priest, who gave a great homily. You can tell that the parish has a lot going on, and the bulletin shows a large array of activities and organizations. There's a parish school called St. Rose of Lima and even a gift shop that's open during the day.



The church is enormous, as is almost everything inside of it - the ceiling, the balcony, the altar area. It's modern, but not in an ugly way at all. The Stations of the Cross are fantastic - big, wide paintings that have a lot going on and give you a lot to think about. I wish I'd taken more time to go around and look at them all.




No comments:

Post a Comment